Enjoy your holiday and take some time to reflect on the many freedoms we have in America! We are indeed blessed!
Here are some fun ideas to do as a family over holiday weekend:
- Decorate your bikes in red, white, and blue! A bike parade can be so much fun. Also, the Town of Ashland will host their annual July 4th parade and celebration. Parade begins at 11:00 a.m. followed by a patriotic concert with the Hanover Concert Band. This is a family and pet friendly event.
- Visit your local library. You will find lots of good books and it is air-conditioned!!
- Play a game of waterballon baseball. It’s a great way to cool off in this heatwave.
- It is rounding blackberry season. Find some wild bushes and monitor them for the perfect ripeness…usually between the 4th and 10th of July.
- Catch and release tadpoles. All kids (and most adults) love playing with the fast, squirming larval frogs. We suggest a small net, catching with your hands is a challenge.